[This post is cross-posted from www.s-connolly.com]
Okay, so I’m sure there are more than six reasons that a Daemonic invocation could fail (in the manifestation department, both literally and figuratively). There could be any number of reasons based on the exact circumstances of said invocation/evocation (pick your poison). But I’ve found there are six very common reasons this happens.
- ARROGANCE: No one likes a douche, not even Daemons. Not all Daemons respond well to being threatened, commanded, and talked down to. This is where respect for the spirits you work with (even if dosed with a healthy smattering of fear) is important. You’ve heard the old adage, “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar” ?? As above, so below. If a magician wouldn’t expect a person to show up to one’s house when rudely threatened or commanded to be present, why would one think a Daemon would be any different?
- FEAR: The magician is terrified. If you’re afraid, it might be a Daemon kept its distance because it didn’t want to give you a mental breakdown. If your psyche is too fragile to handle Daemonic manifestation, they can tell and they may still show up, but manifestations may be more subtle, or even so subtle a magician doesn’t recognize it for what it is.
- INDECISIVENESS: The magician isn’t really clear on what (s)he wants. A Daemon can’t help a magician if that magician is not clear in what he wants, or the type of help he needs exactly.
- INSINCERITY: The magician isn’t sincere in what (s)he wants. If the magician has no FEELINGS toward what she wants, she can’t really claim to be sincere about it. In that case most Daemons will just shrug the insincere magician off. This is one of the big reasons having other people do magick for you doesn’t always work so well unless you know the person to some degree and they are somehow emotionally invested in your situation.
- NON-COMMITTAL: The magician doesn’t really want to commit to the magick or do the additional work necessary to bring about the manifestation of it. Basically, the magician is lazy and just wants everything handed to him/her after saying a few incantations. This is rarely how things work.
- UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS: It may be that the rite was well attended and the magick is manifesting, the magician just doesn’t realize it because what she’s expecting is completely unrealistic. Is she expecting burning pentagrams and dark figures rising from her living room carpet? Is the magician expecting a Daemon to drop a cool million on his doorstep for him to casually pick up and spend as he wishes? The magician in this instance might need to lower his/her expectations. Be realistic.
To circumvent these issues the magician must be respectful, able to stand against his fears, be decisive, be sincere, and commit to every magickal act and invocation. If he can’t do all six, then maybe he should reconsider performing the work at all. By paying heed to these six areas, he will increase his chances for successful manifestation significantly.
To learn more, join my newsletter in order to download the free chapbook: 10 Steps to More Effective Magick. Need even more incentive to add your name to my mailing list? Members of my list are the only people who will have access to the grimoire The Preeminent Curse (coming in spring/summer 2017) and list members are also the first people who will have access to Official Melisa titles and limited edition print runs of new grimoires. If something sells out to my newsletter list, it won’t be offered to the general public. Additionally, newsletter subscribers are the first to know when significant new works become available.
PS- If you’re already on my mailing list and still want 10 Steps to More Effective Magick, just write to me from the email address you subscribed from and I’ll email you a copy.