After invoking your favorite divine feminine earthy godform into your kitchen (Unsere and Hecate come to mind for me), whip up this recipe the whole coven will enjoy.
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large saucepan mix the apples, sugar, cranberries, tapioca, cinnamon and water. Let it stand for 5 about minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over hot apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.